This September 16-17 the Toronto Waterfront Festival is bringing back the most successful program from the past decade with the anticipated return of the World’s Largest Rubber Duck, presented by Clorox. In addition to Mama Duck, who appears on land this year for closer access, the festival will have large activations from the Canadian Armed Forces, Royal Canadian Navy, and Live Green Toronto, who will activate on site with interactive and cultural programming. The festival will also have a DJ booth and pop-up entertainment from Redpath Sugar, delicious eats from a number of local food trucks and sponsor giveaways and activities.
Programming for the festival includes:
● The World’s Largest Rubber Duck, presented by Clorox, who will be nesting on-land this year.
● The Canadian Armed Forces will be rolling in with two massive vehicles, each weighing over 45,000 pounds. Visitors are invited to explore the Canadian Army’s Light Armoured Vehicle (LAV) 6.0 and Tactical Armoured Patrol Vehicle (TAPV) as well as meet the crews, hear their experiences, explore their gear and learn about what life is like as a military member.
● The Royal Canadian Navy with on-land and on-water activations including HMCS Oriole sail training vessel, which is celebrating its 102nd anniversary. The Royal Canadian Navy will also have their mascot SONAR and equipment on-land for people to explore and interact with.
● Roaming and pop-up entertainment presented by Redpath including the Redpath Sugar DJ booth.
● The Billy Bishop Airport Picnic Lounge.
● Free giveaways and activities from partners including Unity Fitness and Waterfront
● Live Green Toronto crafts and games for kids and families.
●Fun interactive photo areas from Queens Quay Terminal, Florida Orange Juice and Toronto Regional Real Estate Board.
● Local food trucks and food vendors